Even a professional organizer needs inspiration some days. Present over Perfect by Shauna Niequist and Simplified Life by Emily Ley were both recommended to me by fellow organizers and Hygge lovers. I just started following both of these ladies over on Instagram and bought these books this past weekend.
To say these past few months have been super busy would be an understatement. My full-time career is in accounting, I am a tax accountant by day, night, and everything in between. This tax season is a particularly difficult tax season with all the “last minute” changes. I will survive. I will survive.
My goal is to get my home-based business off the ground and slowly ease into working part-time organizing and personal shopping, and part-time as a tax accountant during the busy season.
Even though it’s been a busy few months I am still on track and I continue to stay on point with housework, new business-oriented work, family, and volunteer work. By keeping on top of things and making sure these things got taken care of, I’ve had a lot less stress working overtime and weekends since last fall. Our taxes are done, my spring cleaning is done, Easter dinner planned and partially shopped for, and I’m training two new volunteers to help me when I am back to volunteering every month come summertime.
Some things I’ve thought of lately that perhaps you might be interested in and jot down as inspiration–
- In April I am attending a flower show in a local arboretum where early flowers such as primulas will be for sale. Look to your local gardening center or university –they may have the same kind of event going on in April.
- Perusing gardening catalogs and buying flowers and plants that honey bees and butterflies love.
- Releasing butterflies- we have friends that hatch out monarchs every year. You can buy kits online–google butterfly release.
- If you’re traveling this spring or summer consider Marie Kondo’s new travel accessory cases (Cuyana partnered with Marie Kondo). They are sold out now but will be back in stock in May 2018.
- New follows on Instagram- @livingbetterwithless @iheartorganizing @thehomeedit